Monday, 3 July 2017

Ramblings of an indecisive mind

So, here I am with my second-time first blog post. 
Yay me!!
Yeah, sounds weird/stupid I know. You see the usage of the slash itself validates the title.
So, I often wonder why the indecisiveness?  Is it just a Pisces thing (yeah, too much into zodiacs) or is it an issue experienced by the millennials. I am not sure if it should be tagged as an issue because well, if you really think about it, it isn’t. I mean yes indecisiveness has been linked with fickle mind for way too long. But I also feel that it also means being open to new experiences. And can you blame us? We grew up in a world with Google, Facebook, Tinder, Twitter and Terribly tiny tales. 
I like to call it as the famous “Paradox of Choices”. You see, people like me, and by that I mean kids who have grown up in a moderately open environment, have  experienced most of the basic luxuries of life, tend to have a tough time making decisions. The decision can range from trying to decide on a dish (gone are the days when Pizza only meant Pizza Hut and Punjabi only meant paneer tikka masala) to major life decisions such as selecting a life partner.
If you are amongst the unlucky (or lucky? ;) ) ones who are from India and have opted for the oh-so-infamous “Arranged Marriage”, then trust me you, it is going to be an exhaustive ride for you.
Since I have recently experienced the process myself, I would like to take this opportunity to shed a light on a few experiences. I like to think of arranged marriage as a process of sorting people into houses. Even though, you desperately want someone to be a Gryffindor or Ravenclaw, after talking to them the only choices you have are Slytherin or Hufflepuff. And it is worse when the person has a slytherin anger with a Gryffindor like heart and a ravenclaw mind. Ok I think I am losing myself in the post-20 years harry potter celebration mood.
There came a point where I used to feel guilty for being so ambiguous. But the more I experience this world, it makes sense. I am not in any way trying to defend it, but all I am saying is that probably this kind of a mind helps in understanding the best and worst of all situations and if required someday take the right call.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Of Breakfast & Beverage!

Day 2 Disclaimer: Please read this post with food in vicinity. The author is not responsible for any hunger pangs experienced by the rea...